COMPLICATION WITH RETENTION OF THIRD MOLARS
Signs That You May Need Wisdom Tooth Extraction
As an oral surgeon, I know that many people some anxiety about the wisdom tooth extraction procedure. But the consequences of avoiding wisdom tooth extraction if you need it can be serious. Some of these consequences involve chronic pain and others can mean a dramatic reduction in your oral health.
• Crowding of the teeth
• Decay on the adjacent teeth
• Periodontal disease on the adjacent teeth
• Loss of otherwise normal teeth next to the site
• Nerve injury
• Periodontal concerns (poor tissue contours on the third molars)
• Injury to the sinus
• Sinus openings
• Fractured tooth roots
• Jaw fracture
• Complications of a more difficult surgical procedure
• Risk of infection spread to other parts of the body
• Fusion of the teeth in the bone (ankylosis)
• Diminished health of the patient with age (medical management concerns)
Don’t Wait to Act
The longer you wait to get your wisdom teeth removed, the greater the danger of running into these complications. For a consultation, call Wagner Oral Surgery and Dental Implant Specialists at (262) 634-4646 today! Our professional, experienced oral surgeon will take excellent care of you.
Comments are closed.